Georgia Social Work Oncology Group 2019 Conference
Oncology Social Work Skill Building: A Day to Learn, Reflect and Renew
*NASW- Approved CEUs: 4 Core Hours, 2 Ethics Hours
Debra Mattison, LMSW, OSW-C, ACSW, BCD
University of Michigan, School of Social Work
1. Articulate the value of demonstrating social work’s unique bio psychosocial spiritual assessment skills
2. Identify at least three assessment models/tools to add to one’s clinical practice toolbox.
3. Apply core concepts from NASW Code of Ethics to ethical assessment practice
1. Identify 3 core concepts of narrative therapy
2. Identify and apply 3 intervention techniques of narrative therapy
3. Describe cultural and diversity factors which impact ethical decision making and intervention.
4. Explore our own oncology social work narratives to support resilience and meaning-making