The Georgia Social Work Oncology Group Presents
2018 CEU Program
Therapeutic Interventions in Cancer-Related Post-Traumatic Stress
- Monday, February 26, 2018
- Dinner Served from 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- Presentation from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Hospice Atlanta's Community Room
- 1244 Park Vista Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319
- *Please park in the parking lot behind Hospice Atlanta and use ground level entrance. Directional signs will be posted*
- Free to 2018 GA SWOG Members
- Membership will be confirmed at door
- $20 for Non-Members
- Includes 1.5 hours of CE credit and dinner
Speaker: Peggy Morehouse, LCSW, LMFT
- Peggy Morehouse is licensed in both clinical and social work and in marriage and family therapy. She graduated Cum Laude from Auburn University and received her Master’s degree from the University of Georgia. Her post-graduate experience includes extensive specialty work in addictions counseling, individual therapy, family therapy and group therapy. Peggy has been in private practice over 25 years. She also conducts training sessions for mental health professionals, provides professional supervision for clinicians, and leads group therapy sessions for the Cancer Support Center at Northside Hospital.
- This 90 minute presentation will explore the clinical assessment of cancer-related post-traumatic stress, risk factors and therapeutic interventions to help patient's cope.
- Social workers will learn assessment criteria for defining cancer-related post-traumatic stress in the oncology patient population.
- Social workers will be able to understand the clinical signs and symptoms of cancer-related post-traumatic stress.
- Social workers will be able to explore therapeutic interventions for supporting patients diagnosed with cancer-related post-traumatic stress.
*Approved for 1.5 CORE hours of CE Credit thru NASW GA Chapter*